My Year of Reading Dangerously Challenge
From the contest site: "Read 12 books you deem "dangerous." between January 1st and December 31st 2009. They may be banned or challenged books, new-to-you genres, books that seem to inhabit a permanent space on your stacks, or authors you're afraid of. The possibilities are endless! If it's dangerous to you, it's challenge-worthy to us!"
Here are the books I plan to read, and why:
1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
2. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (Re-read, and Crossover)
It's dangerously addictive!
3. The Arabian Nights by Anonymous
4. Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence
5. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
I hear it's a hard read, therefore it's dangerous!
6. The Poisonwod Bible (Crossover)
People keep telling me to read this book, but it's never appealed to me. Time to read it.
7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
So many people say this is Jane Austen's worst book, so I figure I'll see for myself.
8. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (Crossover)
I started reading this once, but couldn't finish. It's time to finish it.
9. Blonde by Joyce carol Oates
Marilyn Monroe's life was tragic, making the perfect dangerous read!
10. Beasts by Joyce Carol Oates
Dangerous; Tantalizing; Dark. I have to read it.
11. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
I don't usually read book that have to do with subjects such as abuse, drugs, abduction, ect...